Voices of Central Australia Forum Index

Register

Voices of Central Australia Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Is poetry for the eye or ear?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voices of Central Australia Forum Index -> Everyday life -> words -> Poetry
Previous topic :: Next topic  
NickFury

PostPosted: Wed 16 May - 14:56 (2018)    Post subject: Is poetry for the eye or ear? Reply with quote

Hi,

I was asking about technology in another discussion and said (offhand) that poetry is meant to be read aloud. Others (stuartryder) responded that that might not be particularly accurate. So I am coming to the poetry discussion board for answers. 
It seems like there are a myriad of ways to nuance this, and no two ways match up. Is the answer simply on or the other, "both", or "who cares"? 
Or is it to that, historically, poetry has been for the ear, and the modern convention of reading silently to oneself is, as far as I know, a new innovation in the world. Homer, Virgil, the author of Beowulf, the Psalms and wisdom books of the Bible, parts of the Q'uran, Shakespeare, ... this stuff was all read (or sung) aloud, and designed that way. 
Any Suggestion Would be appreciate. 

I didn't find right solution on the internet.

Reference:
http://www.poetsgraves.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18003
Creative video production agency
Thanks

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 16 May - 14:56 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voices of Central Australia Forum Index -> Everyday life -> words -> Poetry All times are GMT + 9.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation