Voices of Central Australia Forum Index

Register

Voices of Central Australia Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Outdoor cable usage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voices of Central Australia Forum Index -> Everyday life -> Outdoor
Previous topic :: Next topic  
vikafegif

PostPosted: Fri 18 May - 13:53 (2018)    Post subject: Outdoor cable usage Reply with quote

Hi,

I work for a company that designs and installs temporary power systems for the event industry.
My understanding of the regulations regarding cable types and usage is that PVC flex should not be used outside at a voltage above 110V, We, and most temporary power companies have replaced our PVC "arctic" grade cables with H07RNF (rubber insulated) over the last few years.
My question is regarding IP rated equipment being supplied with cable not rated for outdoor use. So for example an IP68 LED floodlight with H05VV-F cable.
We have purchased outdoor light fittings from many sources (inc Wickes, B&Q etc, as well as online suppliers), and without exception they are fitted with PVC flex. We routinely replace this with H05RNF, but with so many manufacturers using PVC flex on outdoor light fittings are we misinterpreting the regs?
I have searched through many forums and whenever PVC flex is mentioned in an outdoor environment people always seem obsessed with the CSA of the cable, but no one ever seems to questions the actual grade of cable being used.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://communities.theiet.org/discussions/viewtopic/348/19568
Decentralized system marketing examples

Thank you.

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 18 May - 13:53 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voices of Central Australia Forum Index -> Everyday life -> Outdoor All times are GMT + 9.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation