Voices of Central Australia Forum Index

Register

Voices of Central Australia Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

How to stop new text from overwriting existing text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voices of Central Australia Forum Index -> Everyday life -> words
Previous topic :: Next topic  
vikafegif

PostPosted: Fri 18 May - 13:55 (2018)    Post subject: How to stop new text from overwriting existing text Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm referring to the feature that causes you to have to re-type an entire sentence when you go back to make a correction. I know, that makes no sense. Here's what I mean:
I type a sentence, then I notice I misspelled a word or want to change a word(s). I put the cursor with in the sentence, type the new word and it overlaps the word after it. It just deletes them and I have to re-type the whole sentence, even hitting the space bar causes them to be deleted. It seems to turn it's self on automatically. 
It's really annoying and for the life of me I can't figure out how to disable it and I really need it gone. Writing about Friedrich Nietzsche requires a lot of revision and correction and I really hate having to re-type entire sentences.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18575
Blockchain Advertising

Thank you.

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 18 May - 13:55 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voices of Central Australia Forum Index -> Everyday life -> words All times are GMT + 9.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation